Under 18s Approved Accommodation- Update

As the contract between Monash College and Unilodge on A’Beckett has not been renewed, students can no longer to apply to stay there. Students who are already in residence, or who have been issued with a Confirmation of Appropriate Arrangements and Welfare based on their confirmed booking at Unilodge on A’Beckett are approved to reside under the terms of their residential tenancy lease until 31 December 2016.  We expect that any student who is still under 18 on that date will terminate their tenancy and move to alternative accommodation approved by Monash University and Monash College.

Foundation Year and Monash English students at City locations can apply to Urbanest, Arrow on Swanston and Albert House, which are all located within an easy walk or tram to class.

We would also like to remind our education agents in reference to the Under 18 application process:

1. The student needs to apply to the accommodation providers directly not with Monash University.

2. The student needs to submit the following documents with the Under 18 form if they are applying for Monash Guardianship:

Document checklist (Ensure the following documents are submitted with this form):

  • Certified copy of parent/legal custodian identification with photo and signature. (Example: passport, driver’s licence or official ID Card) If the identification is not in English, certified English translated copies must be provided as well.
  • Copy of letter of confirmation from your selected accommodation; OR
  • Homestay Profile form from Homestay Accommodation Services (HAS)

3. For students who are applying to Urbanest Melbourne Central, please complete section 6 and return to melbournecentral@urbanest.com.au

Please send the confirmation letter once the accommdation is confirmed with the Under 18 form to mc.documents@monash.edu

Comments are closed.