Stage 2 Reforms of the Transport Standards
– Have Your Say at a Public Consultation Event
Registrations for upcoming public consultations events for Stage 2 Reforms of the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 are now open.
People with disability, their families and carers, advocacy groups, the transport industry and government are invited to provide feedback on the proposed Stage 2 Reform options through upcoming public consultation events held from 17 June to mid-July 2022.
There are several opportunities to get involved, including in webinars, online community workshops and online written discussion boards.
- Further information about the events including registration details can be viewed on the Stage 2 Reforms – Public Consultations webpage.
You can also respond to the Consultation Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) and share your experiences any time until 9 August:
- in writing, or via video or audio recording by email to DisabilityTransport@infrastructure.gov.au
- by telephone (free call) to 1800 621 372
- through an online survey
An updated stakeholder pack, including a newsletter about the consultation events, key messages and summary documents has been developed to inform and promote the package of reforms.
We encourage you to use these documents wherever possible.
The stakeholder pack is available at this web address.
- Find out more, including other ways to get involved, at www.infrastructure.gov.au/TransportAccessibility or by phoning (free call) to 1800 621 372.