2024 DFAT Graduate Program
Applications for the 2024 Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) Graduate Program are Open!
- DFAT works with international partners and other countries to tackle global challenges, increase trade and investment opportunities, protect international rules, keep our region stable and help Australians overseas.
- DFAT manages Australia’s international presence – a network of over 120 embassies, high commissions, consulates-general and representative offices across five continents – and we have over 6,000 staff located in Australia and overseas.
- DFAT’s 12 month graduate program offers participants the opportunity to learn new skills, be part of experienced and motivated teams, and do meaningful work that promotes and protects Australia’s international interests.
Each they select a mix of graduates from all different types of degrees and their program has two streams:
- Policy – Policy graduates work in areas including: public diplomacy, international trade negotiations, investment and economic analysis, humanitarian assistance, development and aid program management, international security etc.
- Corporate – Corporate graduates specialise in roles such as: human resources, finance, legal, communications, data, digital and STEM.
- Austrade is also offering a Trade and Investment stream
The aim is to build a workforce that represents the community we serve.
Therefore, they have advertised Affirmative Measures (Disability) positions and offer reasonable adjustments under the Recruitability Scheme to support applicants living with disability to participate in the assessment process.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with the department will continue to receive this support in the workplace and they have a number of Disability inclusion strategies as well as the DFAT Disability Network to connect with others and advocate to the department on disability issues.
You Are Encouraged to Apply for the 2024 DFAT and Austrade Graduate Program
- Students have until 10 April 2023 to apply, and extensions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Students are welcome to follow these links to find out more about:
Diversity and Inclusion at DFAT
2024 DFAT and Austrade Graduate Program – Affirmative Measures (Disability)