Become a Mentor for Women with Disabilities
- Would you like to support a woman with a disability in your local community to further develop their leadership skills?
- Are you interested in sharing your professional and personal skills and experiences, and to grow and develop in the process?
- Would you like to improve your skills in listening, modelling and leading by mentoring a woman with a disability in your local community?
- Would you like to share and impart knowledge of your own experience of being a woman with disability?
Women with Disabilities Victoria (WDV) are seeking women who are interested in supporting women with disabilities who wish to step up in their own communities.
The mentoring program will complement the Enabling Women program, a successful leadership program for women with disabilities. Mentors will commit to 6 one-hour sessions. Contact can be a mixture of face-to-face, phone and email. A mentoring handbook is provided.
Women with disabilities from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, culturally diverse and migrant and refugee backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply!
Come along to our information session to find out more about the mentoring program!
- When: 3rd July, between 4.30 pm-5.30 pm
- Where: Noble Park Aquatic Centre, 9 Memorial Drive, Noble Park
- Please register your interest to Mentor Coordinator at email@example.com
This program is a collaboration between WDV with City of Casey, City of Greater Dandenong, ADEC, Women’s Health in the South East and Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre.