2022 Review of the Transport Standards – public consultation now open
Public consultation for the 2022 Review of the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (Transport Standards) is open to 30 June 2023.
- The discussion paper can be viewed at infrastructure.gov.au/transport-standards-review.
The discussion paper is available now to maximise the time for public consultation, however please note that there will be a broader communications campaign to promote the Review in early-January to support engagement.
- This will include further information about public consultation events and additional consultation resources such as translations.
The 2022 Review is part of a statutory requirement to review the efficiency and effectiveness of the Transport Standards every 5 years and is separate to the consultations held earlier this year on potential ways to modernise the Transport Standards.
The Review must:
- report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the Transport Standards
- report on whether discrimination has been removed as far as possible
- include any necessary amendments to the Transport Standards.
Further information about the 2022 Review can be viewed at infrastructure.gov.au/transport-standards-review.
If you have any queries, please contact us at 1800 621 372 or DisabilityTransport@infrastructure.gov.au.