Happy Friday everyone,
- On Friday 31 July, Onesie Day will be a chance for the community to raise funds and show their support for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance.
- Liz Pellicano discusses the recent government guidelines encouraging clinicians and teachers to use positive and inclusive language, in response to activist campaigns against offensive and perpetuate a negative view of people with disabilities.
- Katie Ellis discusses the constructions and representations of disability on reality TV.
- From BBC News’ Ouch Blog, Kate Monaghan speaks with Laura Green, a 28-year-old business owner with Down’s Syndrome.
- From a 3D-printed bionic arm to an app that monitors the health of people with epilepsy, Anna Bawden discusses the flourishing of technology for good.
- This week, thousands of people marched through the streets of New York for the city’s first Disability Pride Parade.