Stepping Into Internships – for Students and Graduates with Disability
About the Stepping Into Program
The Stepping Into program offers practical paid work experience for successful students and recent graduates with disability who may face significant obstacles in gaining employment.
Obstacles include such things as academic transcripts that don’t reflect the interns’ real potential or having limited opportunity to participate in part time work while studying.
The participating employers are pioneers within their field and are taking a leadership role in providing opportunities to interns with disability to access internship opportunities.
Australian Network on Disability (AND) have been bringing employers and interns together like this since 2005, and their record stands for itself: AND-supported interns are more likely to be employed after they leave university than students without a disability.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must be:
- A person with a disability, mental health condition or chronic illness
- In their final or second-last year of their degree, or have graduated from their studies in the last 36 months.
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or international student who holds full working rights in Australia.
- Able to commit to the entire program.
- Able to provide evidence of involvement with university disability services or a note from a medical professional that indicates the presence of a disability, mental health condition or chronic illness.
*Please note: Due to the incredible growth of this program, AND have recently extended their eligibility criteria to include recent graduates.
- Intern Applications Open: 1st September 2022 (Thursday)
- Intern Applications Close: 2nd October 2022 (Sunday)
- Internships begin from mid November
AND runs information sessions and recruitment skill workshops throughout September and October, for potential applicants and those supporting eligible students and graduates.
- For more details on the Information Session dates and to register, students and graduates can visit the website: https://www.and.org.au/ students-jobseekers/start-an-internship/
Stepping Into is a nation-wide paid internship program that provides university students and recent graduates with disability hands-on work experience in their chosen field of study.
With over 150 paid internships available across a range of disciplines – from Accounting to Law, Engineering to Research, Public Policy to Sciences – there’s a role to suit you.
- Applications close 2nd October 2022.
- Contact AND at 02 8270 9200 or email@example.com