See Through My Eyes is pleased to announce its first Scholarship Program for 2017. The STME scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to university students who are vision impaired or blind, who are working toward a sustainable and rewarding career in their chosen field.
Up to four scholarships of $2000 each will be awarded to undergraduate or postgraduate students. Scholarships are for one year only. Funds awarded can be spent on the following:
- Payment of university tuition fees
- Payment of student contribution fees
- Purchase of textbooks and other course materials
- Purchase of adaptive technology
- Living expenses associated with study
Applicant must be diagnosed with a permanent vision condition that cannot be corrected and meets at least one of the following:
- Visual acuity of 6/60 or less in at least one eye.
- Visual field of less than 20 degrees.
- Vision loss severely affecting daily life.
Applicant must be enrolled in a recognised Australian University in an undergraduate or postgraduate program and be continuing the course for at least one year from application.
Applicant must be registered with STME.
Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
Response to application questions.
Letters of recommendation.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN AND WILL CLOSE NOVEMBER 30 2016
For more information and for applications forms visit: https://seethroughmyeyes.org.au/scholarship-applications-now-open/