The Vision Australia Further Education Bursary 2016 is now open for applications
In 2016, Vision Australia will award Further Education Bursaries to a select number of students who are blind or have low vision.
Each year, Vision Australia awards Further Education Bursaries to a select number of students who are blind or have low vision.
The bursaries provide adaptive technology to help the students fully participate and succeed in their chosen studies. Assistive technology can eliminate barriers to education and enhance access to information. It enables students to read course material, conduct research and improve their student life.
Our own research tells us that people from the blindness and low vision community who have a diploma, certificate or degree are more likely to be employed. Our bursary program is just one way in which we are levelling the playing field by supporting people to further their education and build a meaningful career.
Students of any age can apply for a Vision Australia Further Education Bursary.
- Be or become, a client of Vision Australia
- Have a current (within the last 12 months) eye report on file with Vision Australia
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be living or moving to Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, the Northern Territory or Tasmania
- Be enrolling to study at an institution in Victoria, ACT, NSW, Queensland, the Northern Territory or Tasmania
- Be enrolling to study in at least Certificate IV or higher accredited courses including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees (not a Foundation or Enabling course) at the start of the year or be already enrolled in such a course (preference may be given to those in the early stages of a course). The course must have a minimum 12 months remaining for those already enrolled.
Application deadline is 28th October 2016