Wings for Life
Wings for Life World Run Event
Monash Sport is hosting a global run event on Sunday 7th May 2023 – the Wings for Life World Run Event.
The Wings for Life World Run is a truly unique and global race for both runners and wheelchair participants.
Instead of a finish line, competitors race side by side to keep ahead of the Virtual Catcher Car.
Now in its ninth year, on May 7, 2023 Wings for Life World Run participants in Australia can also run together in Melbourne.
- Meet up with your friends, download the Wings for Life World Run App and join all the other people running until the Virtual Catcher Car catches you, of course!
- The race starts at exactly 2023-05-07 21:00:00.
- The Virtual Catcher Car takes off 30 minutes after the start at 14 km/h and steadily increases its speed until the last athletes have been caught.
- 100% of all donations and the entry fees go directly into spinal cord research projects.
See the website for further event details.
The event supports spinal cord research and 100% of entry fees go to spinal cord research.
This is a global event that commences at the same time across the world and the event details are listed below:
- Date: Sunday 7 May
- Start time: 9.00pm
- Location: Monash Sport Tan Track, 42 Scenic blvd, Monash University Clayton Campus
- Expected event finish time: Runners will complete the race at various times, the latest is expected to be approximately 1.00am * The finish time of the event is dependent on how long it takes for the virtual “catcher car” to overtake the last participant.
There will be the following event elements for participants and spectators to enjoy:
- DJ & MC near Monash Sport main building.
- Food Truck (coffee & toasties)
- Sponsor stalls (e.g. Red Bull)