Happy Friday, every one!
Hopefully exams are wrapping up nicely, and you’re starting to enjoy your holidays (if you haven’t already started!)!
Here’s a taste of the week’s news:
- Fibromyalgia (try saying that ten times fast) – a previously mysterious condition, has been upgraded to ‘less mysterious’ following a scientific breakthrough!
- Stumps and Spoons? Read up on some disability vocabulary.
- In what might just be the coolest performance ever – Wu Tang performs with an ASL interpreter (Holly) at the Bonaroo festival in Tennessee (read an interview with her here)
- Carly’s Cafe – a beautiful short film about living with non-verbal autism.
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History is featuring EveryBody: An Artefact History of Disability in America
- Check out Sue Austin’s unbelievable aquatic art!
- What was the last gig you went to? How disability-friendly was the venue?
- If you’re lucky enough to be enjoying the English summertime on your holidays, make sure you check out the Limbless Knight performing in London.
- Or, for you globetrotters out there – you can hear some audio described tours of London and New York thanks to Visioneyes!
Sue Austin – Free Wheeling