It’s been a long time between drinks, and we hope you all had a brilliant holiday break soaking up the sun, globe-trotting, spending some time with your friends or whatever it is you got up to.
If you are a newly registered DLU student or thinking about registering with us, this is our blog, where we bring you news and events from around the internet that might be of interest to our students. Here you’ll also find specifically related DLU news, which may be relevant to you.
While enrolments are only slowly beginning, and you’re probably only just starting to think a little bit about the semester that lies ahead, the Some of Our Parts blog is starting to get on track with 2014.
- Jillian Mercado is one sassy wheel-chaired fashion blogger, who sits front row at New York Fashion Week, and featured in a Diesel fashion shoot.
- Online dating with a disability? What’s your strategy?
- If you’re a talented artist with a disability, you should check out the Australia Council’s Grant. You’ve got until the start of March to get your application in!
- Liz Carr, UK comedienne, broadcaster, actor and disability rights activist is doing a special performance presented by Disability Media Australia on the 6th of February at 6pm, Loop Bar, in Meyers Place Melbourne. See the Arts Access Victoria link for more details!
- Back to Back Theatre is a Geelong based theatre company prides itself on creating theatre with people who are perceived to have a disability. They are holding a Summer School Program in March for any budding Thespians.
That’s all we’ve got for now, just drop in again soon – and don’t forget to keep in touch! We love when our students submit stories and events.