The I CAN Network have just launched AWEgust for AWEtism, where people can join by taking on a personal challenge to raise funds for the I CAN Network over the month of AWEgust. Last year, people in the movement said I CAN to anything from a fitness challenge to facing a fear. They invited friends, family, and communities to join them in challenges, which started hundreds of new conversations about the exclusion of people on the Autism Spectrum in schools, workplaces and communities. They also managed to raise over $32,000 for the I CAN Network, which allowed them to create a year of huge impact.
Since last AWEgust, they have helped empower people on the Autism Spectrum:
- They provided I CAN School programs (including mentoring, talks, and training) to two schools who couldn’t support us in their budget.
- They offered six scholarships for young people on the Autism Spectrum to participate in our program.
- They built ongoing mentoring relationships for 300 young people on the Autism Spectrum.
- They created Humans on the Autism Spectrum, a campaign that shared the strengths-based stories of people on the Autism Spectrum. This dramatically increased the number of people hearing about the individual strengths of people on the Autism Spectrum.
- They have provided more paid opportunities for people on the Autism Spectrum to empower others through their talks, training or mentoring.
Your support during AWEgust will help them reach more people, allow them to provide programs to schools in low socioeconomic areas, and provide more paid opportunities for people on the Autism Spectrum.
Prove you CAN. Sign up with a personal challenge. Invite your friends, family, or community to join you in your challenge, or ask them to sign up for a challenge of their own. Join them in empowering young people on the Autism Spectrum.
Contact Nick Fava for support and information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up here.