Nominations Open Now!
The Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards for Diversity and Inclusion recognise students and staff (individuals and teams) who have made an outstanding contribution to supporting diversity and fostering inclusion at Monash and beyond.
In 2020, the Awards event will be hosted online, with a certificate and trophy presentation to be held in 2021.
The awards give further recognition through a permanent citation on the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards website.
Eligibility for the Awards
The Awards are open to staff and students of Monash University (Australia and Malaysia), including:
- Academic and professional staff (full-time, part-time, ongoing and fixed term)
- Monash University students (full-time or part-time)
- Group projects (teams, committees and work units)
A nominee’s contribution to diversity and inclusion must go beyond the regular scope of their position at Monash, and must exceed the role of volunteer in a program or initiative.
Nominations will be assessed and ranked according to the following criteria:
- Diversity and Inclusion goals
The extent to which the nominated initiative has promoted and supported diversity and inclusion at Monash. This may include supporting and enhancing access, recruitment, participation, retention, culture, engagement and success for students and/or staff.
The extent to which the nominated initiative has benefitted students, staff and/or the broader community.
- For more information, including how to nominate, see: https://www.monash.edu/vc-excellence-awards/diversity-and-inclusion-awards .