BCA Scholarship Applications are Now Open!
Blind Citizens Australia, (BCA) is strongly committed to ensuring people who are blind or vision impaired have opportunities to develop skills which equip them to contribute to the social, economic and cultural life of Australian communities.
Funded by the Commonwealth’s Information, Linkages and Capacity-building program and the Jeffrey Blyth Foundation, BCA is offering a total of 15 scholarships of up to $5,000 for educational expenses through Semester 2, 2021, and Semesters 1 and 2, 2022. Each semester will have a separate application and awarding process, scholarship recipients will be funded for one semester only.
- Applications for the first round of 5 BCA scholarships are now open May 17 – June 30, 2021 and will be received via this link.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Recognition of personal ambition, promoted and celebrated through organizational channels,
- Alumni network of support,
- BCA support and/or advocacy as appropriate to ensure their study is accessible to them,
- Support for their place of study to further develop its institutional accessibility and inclusion by utilizing BCA’s expertise, advice and/or resources,
- Pathway to BCA leadership and/or committee roles, and
- Access to BCA programs to support their study and skills development, as well as
- Financial support for study.
Scholarship recipients must:
- Be a full member of BCA (membership forms available here), and
- Provide evidence of enrolment or acceptance letter for a post-secondary educational program that results in a recognized qualification (Internship and Graduate Program applicants may apply while waiting for confirmation of acceptance; with Scholarship awarded on successful application), and
- Not be a current BCA staff member or Director (board member).
Applications will be assessed by the following criteria:
- Course of study is a logical trajectory for the student’s skills, interests and goals, and
- The potential of the scholarship to enhance ability to successfully complete the program of study.
Preparing Your Application
Applications will be received online via this link.
Please note that in order to submit your application you will need to:
You can review the application particulars via the BCA website
The BCA scholarships program has two key objectives:
- To increase the opportunities available to people who are blind or vision impaired to participate in tertiary/further education, by offering financial assistance.
- To raise the awareness of main-stream education providers of the valuable contributions and unique perspectives people who are blind or vision impaired offer to education and training.
Need more information?