Vision Australia are currently looking for three talented graduates, Australia wide. Do you know anyone who is blind or has low vision and has graduated within the last four years or will have finished their studies by April 2017?
About Career Start
Career Start is designed to provide experience in the workplace to people who are blind or have low vision. Graduates may have previously experienced barriers in entering the workforce. This program enables participants to develop workplace skills, apply their qualification in practice and develop a network of contacts and mentors.
Career Start is a 12 month program consisting of a nine month paid placement within Vision Australia and a three month paid placement with an external employer. Support is provided following the placement to transition into ongoing employment.
How can you help?
Please help us to spread the word to your networks and encourage anyone to apply who may be suitable. Job positions and locations are flexible. After expressions of interest are received we develop the job descriptions that match the skills and expertise of our candidates. We encourage anyone interested to apply for the program or to contact us to discuss their situation. There are print friendly large-print posters and flyers attached, as well as an accessible word document which can be forwarded to your contacts.
Eligibility to participate in the 12 month paid placement
· Graduated within the last four years/ Will have completed study by April 2017
· Obtained a qualification at Diploma level or higher
· Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
· Live within commutable distance to a Vision Australia centre
· Be able to commence the placement in April 2017
· Be able to participate in the program for a minimum of 0.8 EFT (full-time preferred)
· Have a current eye report (with the last 12 months)
Find out more
Contact Melissa Curulli in our People and Culture team to find out more about the Career Start program:
· Phone: 03 9864 9406
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Web: www.visionaustralia.org/CareerStart
Thank you for your support.