Stepping into… is a paid internship program specifically designed for students with disability, who want to get paid, hands-on work experience in an industry that is relevant to their degree and chosen field of study.
This winter, some of the members of the Australian Network on Disability (AND) are offering paid internships through the Stepping into program. Internships are currently offered in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth and across disciplines of Law, Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Human Resources, Policy, Engineering, Architecture & Design, IT, Communications and Marketing .
Some of the participating organisations include:
- ANZ Bank
- Crown Solicitor’s Office (at the NSW department of Justice & Attorney General)
- Henry Davis York Lawyers
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- NSW Ombudsman
- Reserve Bank of Australia
- Sydney Opera House
- Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia (ITSA)
- NSW Department of Education & Communities
- Dept of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research, and Tertiary Education
- Dept of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW and CLOSE on Monday, April 29, by 5pm
To find out more about the opportunities, see the full list of internships and how to apply, visit AND’s website.
- Look under “Apply for Stepping into… Winter 2013”
- You can find out more about “Stepping into…” under “Information for Students”
- You can download application form under “Apply for Stepping into… Winter 2013”