1. English Language Assistance
The English Connect program is Monash’s new English language assistance program. It is aimed at international undergraduate and postgraduate students. English Connect is an expanded version of the Conversational English program trialled last year.
A new website will be up soon, but at the moment, program dates and times can be found on the old website here.
The free programs consist of:
- Let’s Chat – conversation in a fun environment – 1 hour each week over weeks 3-11, with over 40 sessions per week offered
- Peer Support – one on one help with academic English (written and oral), 20 minutes, no need to book. Held at John Medley Library, Mon-Thurs 10am to 2pm
- Workshops – Grammar workshops, 2 hours, register online
The Library also maintain a Building English Skills guide, available here.
2. Faculty Managed Internship Opportunity – Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA) Internship
Applications are now open and close Thursday 14 April 2016 for a three month internship from September to November 2016.
For further information please see application process and eligibility criteria.
Student Mobility Funding may be provided. Please see eligibility criteria.
3. Leap into Leadership and boost your employability today
Offered exclusively to Monash students, Leap into Leadership Online (LiLO) is a suite of free, self-paced online modules designed to maximise your employability and understanding of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be an effective leader.
Modules take about 1 to 2 hours to complete, and you can do them any time, at any stage of your degree.
Modules on offer:
- Committees 101: Meetings, minutes and management
- Personal Brand: Stand out from the crowd
- Goal Achievement: Strategies for success
- Communicate with Impact: Make yourself heard
- Event and Project Management: Get the results you want
- High-performing Teams: Work and win together
- Strategic Thinking: Solve complex problems
After completion, you’ll receive a personalised certificate outlining your new skills, which you can then add to your CV.
Don’t wait – Leap into Leadership now and get started!
More info can be found here.
4. International Trade and Business Law Review – request for submissions
The Editorial Board of the International Trade and Business Law Review (‘the Review) are now inviting submissions for Volume XX of the Review.
The Review publishes leading articles consisting of original research, case notes, comments, and book reviews concerning international trade and business law, arbitration law and comparative law.
Academic staff and students now have the opportunity to make a submission to the Review.
Please find more information including submission details in this letter here.
Please note submissions close Friday 1 July 2016.
For more details contact Editor Tracy Albin: email@example.com
An initiative of Monash Environmental Sustainability, Urban Market is a new event that will combine unique products, food, music and ideas in a celebration of sustainability – handmade, homemade, homegrown, recycled, upcycled, fair trade, organic, fresh and locally sourced.
5. Urban Market
Urban Market will be held in the vibrant new Northern Plaza at the Clayton campus on Wednesday 13 April from 10.00am – 3.00pm.
Some of the vendors include: Keep Cup, Tri-nature, Etico, Recycled jewellery, Ethical Gifts and Flexicar.
Date: Wednesday 13 April 2016
Time: 10.00am – 3.00pm
Location: Northern Plaza at the Clayton campus
Please find further information here.
6. Monash Warwick Alliance Funding Schemes
The Monash Warwick Alliance Funding Schemes for 2016 have been announced.
The strategic alliance aims to enhance the experiences of students at Monash University and the University of Warwick, UK, through the development of new models of education, research collaboration.
The Student-led Activity Scheme provides a mechanism for students to get directly involved in activities that contribute to these aims.
A maximum of AUD$15,000 for expenses incurred by Monash students. Projects which bring sponsorship or third-party funding or in-kind support are encouraged.
Please find information regarding funding streams for students here.
Applications close Monday 11 April 2016.